The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Import & Export funcationality using PHP Wrapper

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Import & Export funcationality using PHP Wrapper

Hi,

I'm facing problem while importing and exporting the contacts from PHP to Constant Contact.

Can any one provide me the eample xml format to execute in REST client and also provide the guide lines what headers and method to use while executing the xml using REST client.

Thanks,

Hemanth

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Import & Export funcationality using PHP Wrapper

Hi Hemanth,

You are looking to use the bulk upload activity route for your export and import, right?  The following details are for the bulk export:

In restclient, you will make a GET request to the URI: https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/username/activities (replacing username with your username).

The header Key will be "Content-type" and the value will be "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

You can use basic authentication, or whatever you usually use in restclient.  That should be all you need to create the exported list.  The body of the response will contain a link to the exported list, if the call is successful.  We do have more information about that here.  

For the import, this page should have all the information you need; your call will change based on whether you want to import from a file or encode your contact details.

I hope that helps!  Let us know if you keep encountering issues.

Regards,

Shannon W.

APi Support

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured