In text-only email, first word of permission reminder is appended to Web version link (this post includes a fix)

kitchov1
Participant

In text-only email, first word of permission reminder is appended to Web version link (this post includes a fix)

In our school newsletter we have turned on both the Permission Reminder and the Webpage Version options in the message header. I have run into a problem in the text version of the email. The first word of the Permission Reminder message is being appended to the link to the web version, thus breaking the link. The way this looks is:

Web version:

Click to View or Print http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001zmrtXGWW...<long string>…ytKcoTRFpZ_9You

are receiving this email because of your relationship with…

Notice how the “You” from the permission reminder is included in the URL. Clicking the link results in an “Unexpected Error” message. I feel this is a bug in the system, is anyone else experiencing this? After much trial and error I found a workable resolution, but I would like to ask Constant Contact technical staff to look into this issue and let me know if a fix is in the works.

My fix:

1. Go to Edit Message Settings/Header

2. Add a line break and a non-breaking space at the beginning of your Permission Reminder, e.g. “<br />&nbsp;You are receiving this message because…”

3. Add a non-breaking space at the end of the Webpage Version Link Text, e.g. “Click to View or Print&nbsp;”

4. Add a space at the beginning of the Webpage Version Text, e.g. “&nbsp;Web version”. This keeps the text aligned with the permission reminder text.

1 REPLY 1
DaveBerard

Thanks for pointing out this workaround for everyone.  This is an issue that we are aware of an have scheduled to be fixed in a future release.  I've forwarded your feedback to our Product Manager.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page