The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Inconsistant results fetching list membership

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Inconsistant results fetching list membership

I have a perl script that I have been using for some time now to export a CSV file containg all email addresses of a particular list. I issue the request:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/our_account/lists/2/members

as per documentation at http://cc.lithium.com/t5/Documentation/Contact-List-Members-Collection/ba-p/...

I loop through the various pages of responses, resulting in some 1600 names. Sometimes

Problem is, every time I run the script, I get slightly differet results: sometimes an email address is repeated. Sometimes a certain address is dropped, and then reappears when scritp is run five minutes later, then dropped, then reappears. Over and over again.

It appears that the same small subset of address falls into tis gone/there/gone again pattern.

I also notice:

o the script returns a bunch of addresses in random order, followed by a bunch more in revers alphabetial order.

o Retrieving the list manually as CSV using ConstantContact web interface says I have about 1663 names. API returns over 2100

o There is eveidence that on at least a few occasions, the API returned NO names

What's up ?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Inconsistant results fetching list membership

@EricF80 wrote:

I also notice:

o the script returns a bunch of addresses in random order, followed by a bunch more in revers alphabetial order.

o Retrieving the list manually as CSV using ConstantContact web interface says I have about 1663 names. API returns over 2100

o There is eveidence that on at least a few occasions, the API returned NO names

What's up ?

The random order is because addresses are returned in date_subscribed order
I mistakenly retrieved a different contact list when comparing sizes

But the inconsistent results remain the same

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

If you could please send the script to our webservices@constantcontact.com address so we can take a look at it and run it against some of our internal accounts that would be most helpful in resolving this issue. 

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted

Thanks for reporting this.  This has been identified as a defect on our side that we are working to fix.  We will update once we have more information on the timeline for the fix.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Has this been fixed?  Suddenly I'm getting consistent results again.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

Yes, the issue was resolved on our side.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured