The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Integrating with Bold Chat

Highlighted

Integrating with Bold Chat

Hi,

I am currently using LivePerson for real-time chatting from customers.  The problem is, I would like to have an automated system where:

1.  New user comes to chat

2.  After the chat, the user will get a series of emails asking him or her for feedback, surveys, etc.

Since LivePerson does not support API export of emails, I am going to switch to Bold Chat, which has an API export function for email addresses.  My question is, how to set up my Constant Contact account to:

1.  Receive these email addresses

2.  Put them into a list

3.  Automatically send emails to these people say:  14 days, 28 days, 2 months after initial contact?

Thanks!

Michael Sheng

(847) 918-3700

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Integration with Bold Chat

Hello Michael,

It is possible to use our API's to integrate with our system to perform this functionality. However, I do need to point out that our service is a permission based service, so you would need to make sure you have direct permission to email these contacts prior to adding them to our site through the use of our API's.

The way you would do this would be to post XML to our Contact Collection API, and it will add the contact to a list of your choice. You would want to set this up to add the contact to an "Autoresponder" list. After doing this you can set up an autoresponder in your account to automatically send the customers certain emails in a timeline that you customize.

Here is an FAQ that explains more about how autoresponder works.

If you need any further help please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured