The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Invalid verification code

Highlighted
Visitor

Invalid verification code

I saw two other posts opened with the same error message but they did not provide sufficient information.

I'm using the ruby wrapper for Constant Contact:

auth = ConstantContact::Auth::OAuth2.new(
api_key: <key>,
api_secret: <secret>,
redirect_url: <return_url> )

Then I get the autorization url:

auth.get_authorization_url

I'm going through the OAuth2 flow. And then I'm redirected to my application. So far so good. When I try:

auth.get_access_token(<code>)

I get the "Invalid verification code" error. Any tips on what may be happening here?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Invalid verification code

Hi Marius,

If you're waiting any period of time between getting the verification code and using it, that's probably the issue. The verification codes are live for only a few seconds before they expire. You want to automate this to make sure the get access token step is completed immediately after the first call is made to begin the authentication flow.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured