The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Is There Any Bulk Activity Limit per day

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is There Any Bulk Activity Limit per day

Hi Everyone,

I am developing a solution by using the Constant Contact API. Which uses the Bulk Activities Like (Adding Contacts, Clear Contacts and Export Contacts) excessively. I just want to know is there any restriction or throttling limit from Constant Contact for using on Bulk Activities per day?

Thanks

Samran Naveed

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Is There Any Bulk Activity Limit per day

There is, but the number is a very, very high one that you are highly unlikely to reach.  It's not specifically on Bulk Activities but it is on the number of POST requests per second of our API.  If you can provide some insight into what you're doing, we can give you some guidance on the volume and any potential ideas we have to help you.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Actually I am doing the excessive POST Requests. That are for creating lists may be (4 to 5 calls per day with 100+ lists), creating campaign and then creating contacts in bulk (5 to 6 calls or might be more per day with thousands of contacts might be 10,000+). Actually my client keep changing the contacts details that is why I need to POST all the contacts with all fields every time so the CC server update those contacts and also please let me know is that alright I mean.

I am not clearing the contacts from a list just POSTing them with latest details each time will the CC server automatically update them????

And also let me know is that OK with server to POST such a massive data repeatedly every time????

Thanks

Samran Naveed

Highlighted

Certainly won't be an issue considering all you're doing is updating their contact details.  It doesn't sound like you'd be doing more than 50-60 update requests throughout the day from your descriptiong, which won't be an issue at all.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured