Is it possible to kick off the emails from the API

Participant

Is it possible to kick off the emails from the API

We do email "alerts"

I want to be able to

1) At midnight refresh my contact list

2) Send alerts from the API and have them send within 15 minutes after submitting.

6 REPLIES 6

At this time we do not offer a Scheduling API.  I will pass your feedback on to our Product Strategy team.  If we do open our Scheduling API to the public we will send that information out in our Developer Newsletter and put the documentation up on this website.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

What if we did the scheduling ourselves - is there a way to send email using the API? Im asking if there is an API call tocreate an email be sending the text for that email in an api call and then if there is an API function to 'send' that email to the subscribees?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion.  The API supports creating email content and associating contacts/lists with that email.  It does not support sending/scheduling the email programatically.  You would have to log in to kick off a send or schedule it.

Dave Berard
Occasional Participant

Hi and thanks for the info. Is there a reason the API does not support the function to send an email? We are looking into switching from using our own sendmail server to Constant Contact because we have to continuously update to deal with blacklists and other email related subtleties. Currently we generate these emails ourselves and send to about 50,000 people/addresses. We would like to use CC for that.

At this time we have chosen to work on releasing API features for other aspects of our product rather than a scheduling API.  I have forwarded your feedback to our Product Management team and will update if we release a scheduling API in the future.

Dave Berard
Occasional Participant

Hi, an APIU call to simply publish/send an email would be great to have - no need at first for scheduling.

Mike

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page