cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Is it possible to send Event through API?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to send Event through API?

If I've created an Event in Constant Contact (using the CC UI), is it possible to schedule / send that event through the API? 

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Is it possible to send Event through API?

Hello,

If you are referring to being able to create and publish events through the API, then yes it is absolutely possible. However, if you are referring to creating and sending event invitations using the built-in mailing function of EventSpot, that feature is currently only available through the UI. 

For publishing events, you can find an example here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/eventspot-apis/individual-events.html?method=PATCH

Please let me know if I can provide any more information!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I discovered that we could create/publish the event, but the last link in the chain is actually selecting one or more contact lists to which the event is emailed and then sending the event invitation to these contacts. And that is what I think you are telling me is not possible through the api. Is my understanding correct?

Honored Contributor

That is correct that the built-in invitation function of Eventspot cannot be used with the API. There is an optional workaround that could be used by following these steps:

1. Create a new custom code email campaign using the API

1a. Create this email as an invitation and create a registration link using the 'registration_url' property of the event that is associated.

2. Assign the new campaign to a set of lists

3. Schedule the campaign to be sent.

This would allow you to send the invitation in an automated manner. However, you do lose out on the function of EventSpot to automatically send mail to those who did not respond to invitations. It is still possible to do this manually, but it does require creating a new list of everyone who received the original email and removing anyone who has registered from that list.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer