Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Is it possible?

I don't know where else to bounce this off.   Is there some consulting service where I can create a dialog to go over an idea I have?

I have a program that takes a client sign up form (customized -  that sends a custom thank you and redirect to a custom page)  then writes the entries into a MySQL database.  In addition it creates a CSV file to a known directory where the client downloads it.

Is it possible to have code take that file and upload it to the clients list on CTCT?   I don't want the form to write to the CTCT list I want the resultant CSV file to be imported as you would manually.

What if I had a few different CSV files each belonging to a different client and different CTCT accounts?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Is it possible?

Hello,

It absolutely is possible to use the Constant Contact API to accomplish exactly what you are looking at. With our V2 API, we provide an API endpoint where you can send a multipart HTTP POST request which includes a CSV file to be uploaded. A less technical way to way to explain it is that we do allow you to upload a CSV file with contacts through the Constant Contact API. In addition to this, each time your program would communicate with Constant Contact, it would need to provide Authentication which identifies the account you using to upload the data.

If you are interested in the technical data and details about this API endpoint, you can find that here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/bulk_activities_api/bulk-activities-addcontact-multipart.h...

Also, if you are not familiar yet with our APIs, we have an excellent guide for getting started that you can find here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/get-started.html

If you have any more questions or would like additional information, please feel free to ask here or take a look through our documentation!

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured