cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight from 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site.
We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Is there a way to retrieve the date that a contact was added to a particular list using the API?

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Is there a way to retrieve the date that a contact was added to a particular list using the API?

I feel like I have gone through the documentation and examples thouroughly, but I cannot find a way to retrieve the date that a contact was added to a particular list. Retrieving the contact created date, last updated date, and opt in date all seems straightforward enough, but that's not what I need.

Am I missing something, or is this missing from the API?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Is there a way to retrieve the date that a contact was added to a particular list using the API?

Hi Kelly,

No, unfortunately it's not something that you're missing--our contact database doesn't store the date that a contact joins or gets removed from lists. I will pass on the feedback that this is information that our customers would like.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Occasional Participant

Re: Is there a way to retrieve the date that a contact was added to a particular list using the API?

Thanks Sharron.

Alternatively, is there a way to auto expire a contact from a list?

What I'm doing is adding contacts to a list when a certain event occurs. Then using Constant Contact's autoresponder functionality a survey will be sent to them a number of days later. We would then like to remove them from the list. Is there some way within constant contact to remove the contact from the list after the survey has been sent?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hi Kelly,

At this time there is not a method within Constant Contact to create a pre-set amount of time to expire a contact from a list. However, it would be possible to implement something like that through our API if the timing mechnism were to live on your side of the application. Constant Contact provides two methods that can be used to remove a contact from a list via the API:

1. Use the individual contact endpoint to modify each contact and remove them from the list. Link to Docs

2. Use the Remove Contacts from Lists bulk activity endpoint to remove a set of contacts from a set of lists. Link to Docs

If you have any questions about this, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

I've gone ahead and taken approach #1. Thanks for you help Elijah!