The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Is there a way to trigger the sending of an email (using a CC template) and sending certain content through to be included...?

Highlighted

Is there a way to trigger the sending of an email (using a CC template) and sending certain content through to be included...?

I'm new to the CC Forums and API, so please forgive the Noob questions, but here it goes. What I want to do is this:

I'd like to send emails (from CC templates) and create variables in those templates, being able to trigger CC to send an email campaign based on info I send in through the API. Such as, for example, setting some Template Variables that in the Template look like (ConnectContent) or (DiscussContent) which I could send in html strings to be interpolated into the CC template and send out fro my application.

Is that currently possible with the existing API--and are there examples showing how to do this?

Thanks in advance. I'm excited about integrating with Constant Contact.

Regards,

Mark Coates

Director of Technology

AchieveNext and The CFO Alliance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Trigger sending of emails

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately at this time there is no function to directly edit Constant Contact templates via the API. Our campaign collection currently only support custom HTML code, and cannot edit Constant Contact's premade templates at this time.

Andrew T

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured