The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Is this automation possible with the API?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is this automation possible with the API?

I am currently working on replacing a loyalty program with our own custom built system.  I would like to use my CC account to handle the e-mail automation, but before I dive into learning the API and programming I want to make sure what I need to do is possible.

I need to automatically send e-mails with specific templates when customers reach certain point thresholds, and when their birthday is n number of days away. 

What I'm picturing is having our backend do all of the computation each night at about 2:00am and figure out what people get what e-mails.  It would then talk to the API, create lists for that night, and schedule the e-mails to be sent to customers with a specific template (e.g. 'birthday', or '150pointreward').

Is this possible to do using the API?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Is this automation possible with the API?

Sent a PM :)  But yes, this is something you can most definitely do with our API as long as you are tracking the data (birthdays, points, etc) on your end.  

Thanks,

Mike

-------------------------------------------
Check out our developer portal: http://developer.constantcontact.com
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured