cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Constant Contact Plugin for Wordpress

Occasional Participant

Issue with Constant Contact Plugin for Wordpress

Hey guys,

I'm seeing and error pop-up on my site when I try to add in an email address to the subscribe field on my site http://positivelywoof.com/blog/.

The error that pops up is "Invalid Constant Contact login." See the attached document.

Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Bryan

error.png
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Issue with Constant Contact Plugin for Wordpress

Constant Contact doesn't provide any plugins for Wordpress, though there are many open source ones that have been developed by 3rd parties over the year.  Any idea which plugin it is you installed?  Have you tried to update the configuration on whatever the plugin is to make sure the username and password you setup is correct?  If you have checked that and are continuing to receive this error, the best recommendation is to reach out to the developer of the plugin by opening an issue on Wordpress.org to see if the developer of the plugin can assist you.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

This is a link to the developer plug-in if that is helpful https://wordpress.org/plugins/constant-contact/

The plug-in install on my site is up to date and compatible with the latest version of wordpress, which I'm running.

The only login/password I needed to enter is my own. Everything seems to be good, so I'll have to reach out to the developer unless someone else has an idea.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi Brian,

I looked through the plugin's code to see what could possibly help you out.  Unfortunately, this plugin uses an extremely old and no longer support API, we stopped providing this out to customers and developers in 2008.  It's possible you have special characters in your username or password (@, ~, !, etc.) that may not work with this API or the characters are not being encoded properly.  I would not recommend using this plugin given the fact that it is built of an incredibly old technology which we plan on removing completely in the near future.  Even if you do get this configured and working, it will not continue to do so for a long time. 

I will have our support team reach out to the developer to see if he can update his plugin to use our newer API technology which is fully supported and removes any problems with username/password issues. 

Dave Berard
Occasional Participant

Thank you for your help Dave!

Regular Visitor

Hi Dave,

I pulled a Constant Contact plug-in for Wordpress out of the Marketplace a year ago to use on our newly debuted website, and it's been glitchy at best, unreliable at worst and doesn't offer simple customization options such as changing the color of the submit button. I assumed it was created by and approved by Constant Contact since it was in the Marketplace, and have been very surprised at the lack of usability from the widget as opposed to those provided by competitors who cater to Wordpress, such as Mailpoet.

If Constant Contact does not provide one, what do you suggest as the best option for implementing simple, customizable and reliable subscription forms on Wordpress pages? As I mentioned above we have a new website -- and a big campaign rolling out soon -- and we need a subscription box that we can both customize to match our branding (color scheme etc.) and that is reliable. We're a long-time customer of Constant Contact. Thank you!

Warmly,

Christy at HFC

Highlighted

We are working on releasing a new product feature to support much better signup forms for all CMS platforms, including Wordpress.  It will also allow you to easily connect with any form builder out there, such as Gravity Forms or Wufoo.  We are really close to launching this to all of our customers.  This will make using one of these plugins for Wordpress unnecessary for 99% of our customers and allow for a much simpler experience overall.  Constant Contact doesn't release specific dates as unexpected things can happen but I can share that we are planning on releasing this in early Q2. 

Dave Berard
Regular Visitor

Excellent, thank you for this update!  In the meantime I found someone to go in and customize the code for the submit button, etc. for me in the css template, but I would greatly prefer a new, Constant Contact created solution.  Looking forward to it!