Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join Mailing List API (Custom)

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Join Mailing List API (Custom)

Good Morning,

Which API Documentation would I find the Joining of the Mailing List?

I designed a form which will ask the users to input the e-mail address, but I do not know where to find the API documentation on the Developer Network that will tell me the form code for the submit button to allow that e-mail to be added. Thank you.

I saw the HTML code that was provided for this but I would like it to stay within the form of adding e-mail and submitting.

3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Participant

Re: Join Mailing List API (Custom)

Nevermind, I think I found it with the CCSFG file/section. I will keep you all updated if I need any further assistance. Thanks

CTCT Employee

Hi there,

I'm glad you found the CCSFG, this is an application that will generate HTML forms that will point back to the CCSFG files to do necessary work before the XML is sent over to Constant Contact to add your contact. If you're looking to get even more control over the process and do this yourself, the relevant documentation you would need would be:

Creating a Contact - This is information on adding a brand new contact

Updating Contact's Information - This is information on updating an already existing contact

Adding a Contact to a Contact List - This is information on how to update a contact to add them to a new list (note, this is not a different process than Updating a Contact's Information, but explains on more detail how to add another list that the contact is subscribed to.)

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this. Thanks.

David J

Occasional Participant

Thank you so much, as I move on with this project I will find out if it does what I fully want it to do. Thank you and will advise of any further questions or concerns.