cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to make my own form work, where's the info guys

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Just want to make my own form work, where's the info guys

Every time I login something changes at CC. It's very frustrating. 

I've been using CC for a long time, where do I find my 

ca:input
list:input

info please? Where have you hidden it now. I don't want to do some overly complex learn a new programming language just to make a custom form work. Seriously not feeling the love here.  

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: Help! I just need my "Constant Contact ID"

This is silly... I use a custom form, i just want id and list and pop this thing in and go. Doesn't need to be convoluted or overly hard to do. Should take 1 min max, give the the id, I pop it in my form done. 

Where the heck is the info?

ca:input
list:input

Hi @SwalertR,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

You sent in a case to use and I gave you the information there, but for the sake of our other customers let me answer this here as well.

We have moved on to a newer/different type of sign-up form that no longer uses the ca value and listID value. The new forms which are available under the Sign-Up Forms section in the Constant Contact account can be placed on a website and use very little of our own styling so that they will adopt the native styling of the website they are placed on.

Feel free to contact our main support department if you need any assistance with using these new sign-up forms.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Am I to take from this answer that is no longer possible to submit a simple POST request to sign someone up using a "CA" value and List ID?

If so, that's a horrendous plan. Some situations necessitate custom form processing which is out of the realm of the simplistic inline-embedded form of your new system.

Hello @KelsiS,

If you are still using one of the older embedded forms they will continue to work; however creating a new form is no longer an option. We have received feedback from several users that they would like these forms to return and I am happy to pass on that feedback to our developers on your behalf as well.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!