The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

List not showing up on Constant Contact Signup Form Generator

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

List not showing up on Constant Contact Signup Form Generator

I have setup the CCSFG on my Amazon server, but I am having issue because its only displaying 47 out of 70 email lists(the one that I want to connect to is not on their.

I am on the second step where you select the list, but it's not displaying all the email lists(mainly the list I want to use).

This is what I am trying to do.  I have created a list on Constant Contact called "FB-Offer-landingpage2" and it doesn't have any subscribers to it. 

2. Do I need to edit the lists.php and give it a date range or something so I can see all 70 lists?

Any suggestions would be great.

Warm Regards

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: List not showing up on Constant Contact Signup Form Generator

Hello,

After looking into this a bit deeper, I found that the problem is that the CCSFG is not set up to handle paging from the API when an account has more than 50 lists, as yours does. This could theoretically be fixed by implementing paging for lists in the lists.php file, but that is a reasonably involved process. do you have a specific customization need that lead you to choose the CCSFG over your recently added Embeddable Sign-up Forms? The new solution for forms should offer most, if not all, of the same functionality as the CCSFG in a much simpler to use package. It would also not have any issues with your account having >50 contact lists.

However, if you are in a position where you need to continue with the CCSFG, please let me know and I can look into what the best options are to work around the CCSFG's 50 lists limitation.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Elijah,

Thank You for the quick response!  I'm using the CCSFG because it allows me to do redirection to our app download pages for IOS or Android.  It also allows me to customize and be more creative than using your embeddable Signup-Forms.

The reasoning for this is:

1. Collect Emails

2. Tracking purposes using Google URL Builder

3. Allows me to retarget them via Google Adwords if they 

I know enough about php to be dangerous...so if you can tell me what lines to edit and give me the exact codes to create the pagination, it would be great.

Regards,

Benny

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

By the way, we are an app company, so doing email campaign and getting email signup is very important to us.  Please check us out. https://www.dermcheckapp.com

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I am happy to do what I can to help with getting this change done in the CCSFG. However, it is a bit involved to do properly, so it may be Friday before I have to specifics on what to change and can confirm that the changes work properly. I will have the details posted here as soon as they're ready!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

After getting some time to get into the code, it turns out there was simply a minor bug in the CCSFG that was causing this issue, and it's very easy to fix. the following code can be found in cc_class.php on line 165:

if ( empty($call2)) {
                return $mailLists;
            } else {
                return array_merge($mailLists, $this->getLists($call2));
            }

In order to fix the issue, you simply need to add the code shown here in bold:

if ( empty($call2)) {
                return $mailLists;
            } else {
                return array_merge($mailLists, $this->getLists($call2,$getAllLists));
            }

If you're still having any issues after this fix, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hello Elijah,

I tried using the new code that you sent me.

if ( empty($call2)) {
                return $mailLists;
            } else {
                return array_merge($mailLists, $this->getLists($call2, $getAllLists));
            }

the number of lists was still less than 50.  I thought maybe it was a cache issue and login using another computer, but it was the same.  Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

It seems possible that it could be a server cache issue, but still a bit unlikely. Do you have the ability to test this locally?

I am not sure what else could be suggested as I intentionally added a large number of extra lists to my own account in order to test this, and this exact change succeeded in getting all of my lists to show in the Select Lists part of the CCSFG flow. If you are not able to get this working at all, the next step is probably to have you email us so that we can schedule a time to do some live troubleshooting. If you're interested in that, send me an email at webservices@constantcontact.com and we can figure out what time works best!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

We are on an Amazon Server...I highly doubt its an Server Cache issue, but won't rule it out.

1. if ( empty($call2)) {

return $mailLists;
            } else {
                return array_merge($mailLists, $this->getLists($call2, $getAllLists));
            }
should you there be a space between($call2, $getAllLists)); or no space ($call2,$getAllLists));

2. I will give you access to our server to get this done.  We plan to do a lot of different landing pages and want to make sure have to have different segments.  If I can't see the new lists that I have created, this will be an a major impedement on our marketing.

Regards,

Benny
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Benny,

For #1, the space doe not matter at all. I've additionally taken the time to do a further test on the CCSFG with my account and ~75 lists with success.

For #2, I am unfortunately restricted from being able to make any changes directly to your code, but I would be happy to schedule a time so that we can work together to find the issue and work to resolve it. In order to set this up, please send me an email at webservices@constantcontact.com with the best way to contact you and your preferred time to connect.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply here or include them in your email!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured