The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Lists member is never populated in Campaigns object

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Lists member is never populated in Campaigns object

I'm calling through the CC Wrapper API in .NET to retrieve all my existing Campaigns .  Using:

constantContact.GetCampaigns(dateGoesHere).    All of my existing Campaigns are present in the returned structure.  But each of the 'Lists' member of each Campaign is empty( = 'Nothing' in .NET). 

should I be executing some additional call for each Campaign to get its Lists member populated?   Or is this intended result?  Thanks in advance for any clarification:) 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Lists member is never populated in Campaigns object

Due to technical reasons, we are unable to currently provide the full set of Campaign data in the Campaigns collection.  What we provide is a subset of the overall data that we can provide without forcing the API call to take an excessive amount of time (seconds to minutes depending on the list of campaigns). 

In order to get the details on the Campaing, including lists, you would need to do a call to get the details of a specific campaign. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Lists member is never populated in Campaigns object

thank you for the info.  much appreciated.

so, i get the Lists via multiple calls, and Add each List.id to a .NET list before attempting the following:

Dim actSrvc As New CTCT.Services.ActivityService

Dim actSrvcRsp As New CTCT.Components.Activities.Activity

actSrvcRsp =  actSrvc.AddRemoveContactsFromListsActivity(

accessToken:=myAccessToken

, apiKey:=myAPIKey

, emailAddresses:=myEmailsList

, lists:=myListsList    )

myEmailsList has 23 items.  myListsList has 1 item.

This seems to execute ok. But i have seen no contacts removed from the list of contact lists i submit.  and when i check results later using GetActivty( idOfTheActivity ), it always showsErrorCount = 1 And Errors(0):   emailAddress = "";    lineNumber = 0;     message = "sameEmailEverytime@junk.com"

Can you see what i am doing wrong, or neglecting to do?   maybe i should have started a new thread on this(?), but i will give this a go first.  Thank you.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured