Long terms support of API v1

Participant

Long terms support of API v1

How long will API v1 be supported?

The Drupal module, which uses it, requires updating, Is it safe to update it still using API v1 without the risk that this API will stop working soon?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

We currently do not have a timeline for when support will be ending for our V1 API, as the date is dependent on other ongoing development work. We will be announcing several months in advance of the discontinuation of our V1 API, and you can easily catch that announcement on our techblog at: http://techblog.constantcontact.com/

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

Thank you.

I have created a new account to post a reply because my password failed, and the password reset link failed (tried it twice). This is annoying because in order to ask a question on these forums we have to create and account, which apparently leads to a sales email and a sales phone call.

I received an email asking me to mark the above solution as accepted. I have been unable to find the 'mark as accepted' button, so am writing this post to state that the answer is accepted. These problems are not encouraging.

Since about 2,500 people are using the Drupal Constant Contact module, which depends on API v1, some support from Constant Contact for updating that module would be useful. Without that support I would have to point out to my clients who use Constant Contact that API v1 could be discontinued with a few months' notice, at which point they will have the headache of moving to another email marketing provider, unless they happen to be wealthy enough to bear the cost of updating the module themslves. Perhaps Constant Contact will provide some support for the module.

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding the long-term support of our V1 API. Providing support for our developers and those who have integrations with us is a very high priority for us, and we are dedicated to making sure that the resources needed will be available at or before the time that we announce a time for the end of support for V1.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page