MFA is problematic for development of a 3rd party integration

RobertH4988
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

We have a developer account used for development of an integration to Constant Contact.  The problem is with the MFA suddenly being required to be set up when I logged in the account, I would have to tie the MFA to a specific person and phone number and a mobile app.  This is not practical for a development environment where multiple developers need to use the same application account (API Key, etc) for developing our integration.    We need to be able to create a true developer account that is not tied to a specific phone number or email but supports multiple users for a programatic integration. 

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello RobertH4988,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

If your inquiry is related to multiple developers needing direct access to the app's details after registration, we’d probably want a little more information regarding what specifically they need access to (are they needing to edit / register additional redirect URIs, re-generate the app secret, etc.) and also what the use case is for that necessity so that we know what you are wanting to do and can potentially provide better insight or possible resolutions.

If they just need to be able to access the UI for testing purposes, one option may be to create multiple users so that each of your developers is able to log into the UI. The number of users you're able to add to your account depends on the type of email plan you have. Trials offer upto 3 account users, the Email plan offers 5 account users, and Email Plus offers an unlimited number of account users.

Add and manage users in your Constant Contact account

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/41588-Add-and-manage-users-in-your-...

Additionally, MFA has Voice Call authentication available if your organization is located within an office that has a main line which employees can access:

Enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/39521-Enroll-in-Multi-Factor-Authen...

If you feel that my reply was not a good fit for your inquiry, please feel free to provide us with more details on what you are looking to do by emailing us directly at webservices@constantcontact.com

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.