I am syncing contacts to a database and am using the "modified_since" parameter in my calls to grab only contacts recently added since my last sync.  This works real fine.  However, in my testing I've discovered that trying to add a duplicate contact on a CC account --- which of course won't add a duplicate instance (kudos CC) --- will actually update the modified-date field of that existing contact.  So the modified-date field gets updated even though nothing was really modified for that contact, only that a failed attempt at adding its duplicate was detected.  Funny thing is,  the way my system is set up,  I end up grabbing this existing contact and creating a duplicate in my own database.  


I am working on a workaround for this.  Just wanted to let you know that this is happening, in case it was a side-effect that CC didn't know about.  If anyone has any suggestion I'd appreciate it.  :)         


Thanks for reporting this.  We should not be doing an update on duplicate detection, will have our dev team look into this. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Good morning Dave,


Just wanted to touch base on any details, if any, the dev team has gotten you back with.  I'm mainly curious about how long it might take to fix.  Thanks!

Sorry for the long response.  We haven't had time to dig into this one yet.  We're a little understaffed on our support side right now and unfortunately some non-critical ones, such as this, have fallen a little behind.  I'll check in with the team to see what is going on.


Regarding how long to fix, this could vary greatly depending on the issue.  If this is something simple, we could have it fixed in a handful of weeks or sooner. If this is something with our core Contact Management features, this could take longer depending on the issue and priority.  Hard to give a specific timeline until we learn more about the issue.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page