Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Custom Contact Info to Other Contacts

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Mapping Custom Contact Info to Other Contacts

Our client has a complicated list of managers and sales reps that track monthly point goals. We'd like to send an email each month to both managers and sales reps that list sales point goals and other bits of information. There would be two emails. The sales rep email is simple: Name, Company, Point total. The manager email would be a bit more complicated. It would display the manager's personal information (Name, Company) as well as each sales rep and respective point total that they manage.

Is it possible to map the sales rep contacts to the manager contacts? i.e. We'd update one master list each month that listed each sales rep individually and that information would automatically update the manager's information in the "Contact Details" section (because the sales rep would be tied to that manager). 

Example of how the info would spit out in an email for a manager:

Hi {manager name}. Here is how your team did this month:
{Sales Rep 1 Name}               {Sales Rep 1 Point total}
{Sales Rep 2 Name}               {Sales Rep 2 Point total}
{Sales Rep 3 Name}               {Sales Rep 3 Point total}
{Sales Rep 4 Name}               {Sales Rep 4 Point total}

4 REPLIES

Re: Mapping Custom Contact Info to Other Contacts

Hi @JenG498

That's a great question! The good news is this is something you can definitely do. Inserting contact details will allow you to include the information of both managers and sales reps in your contact lists. If the information you want to include in your email is not one of the detail fields we provide, I would suggest creating a custom field. You can even update these contact details with every upload. Our system is designed to recognize contacts by their email address and will not create duplicates.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

@Frankie_P wrote:

Hi @JenG498

That's a great question! The good news is this is something you can definitely do. Inserting contact details will allow you to include the information of both managers and sales reps in your contact lists. If the information you want to include in your email is not one of the detail fields we provide, I would suggest creating a custom field. You can even update these contact details with every upload. Our system is designed to recognize contacts by their email address and will not create duplicates.

I understand that I can create custom fields. My question is if those fields can be dynamic based on another contact's information. As in contacts would be connected to one another. If one contact's information changes, it would be updated on the custom field of the other contact it's connected with.

Hi @JenG498,

The information in one contact profile does not affect/alter the information in another contact profile. The layout you displayed in your first post is something that you can do with our product; however you would need to upload the new data in a contact import for each person any time new data is available.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

@Jimmy_D wrote:

Hi @JenG498,

The information in one contact profile does not affect/alter the information in another contact profile. The layout you displayed in your first post is something that you can do with our product; however you would need to upload the new data in a contact import for each person any time new data is available.

Ok I had a feeling that would be the case but I just wasn't to make sure!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!