Mass auto generated newsletter

Occasional Participant

Mass auto generated newsletter

Hi, I'm we will be sending massive newsletter every morning (now it's more then 5000).

Email will autogenerate in our system.

Is there are any options how I can transfer this auto generated HTML file to Constant Contact, so I don't have to copy and past it every day at 5 am, but my system wil automatically transfer and send emails to every contact I have in the list.

I see there is API how to transfer contacts, but don't see any options for the newsletter it'sef.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Olga.

Olga

5 REPLIES 5
Regular Participant

Hello Olga,

Our API does have the option to create an email from your HTML code. Once your system has autogenerated the HTML of your newsletter, you can use our API to create a custom email. More information can be found at the following webpage:

http://developer.constantcontact.com/doc/manageCampaigns#create_campaign

To automatically schedule and send your email after it's been created, however, will require access to our scheduler API. In order to request access, please contact our AppConnect team.

Andrew T

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Occasional Participant

Hi, Thank you for the replay it was usefull.

Could you give us some numbers how much the service like I described will cost ?

And also should we create a new compain every day?

Thank you.

Olga

Regular Participant

Hello Olga,

Constant Contact does not charge an additional fee for access to our API. The total monthly cost of your account will vary depending on the peak number of email contacts that you have uploaded to your account per month. For more information, please contact our sales department at 1-877-580-3423.

As for how often you should email your contacts, the appropriate frequency of sending emails does vary depending on the content of your email. I would suggest contacting your email contacts and asking how often they feel they need this information sent to them.

Andrew T

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Occasional Participant

hi, the task is more complecated then I thought before.

1. We want to send mass emails daily (5000 and more and more later)

2. User's will get cutomized newsletter depends on the closest event

3. For exapmle today for me and you it's the same event, tomorrow I'll be closer to another  one and you to another one .

The only solution I can see is to use your server as SMTP server.  We will add out newsletters to your server mail queue  with email addresses and related newsleter and send it through your server.

Do you have an option to implement it (use your server as SMP) or maybe you can recomend something else.

It's a bog challenge for us to figuraut how to implement it and I will appriciate any help.

Thank you.

Olga

Hi Olga,

We do not open up our servers as an SMTP relay.  All of our emails are considered bulk email campaigns that go out to large volumes of contacts at a given time.  There are a few options for you to accomplish this with our current product:

1. Create new lists based on each days content and have a different email campaign for each list.  Each campaign would feature conent specific to the event and the list would be the people who that event is closest for.

2. Use dynamic content such as images and text with our custom fields to ensure the content everyone receives is unique to their closest event.  Since most of the email campaign is probably duplicate content with the exception of some text and possibly an image, it would be possible to customize those pieces using insertion of dynamic content.  The amount of content we can customize per email is limited though so if you have completely different layouts or lots of dynamic content, this option wouldn't be good.

If you want to have the second option and have a sample email with content, we can put a demo in your account that shows you how that could work.  Please email our webservices support team with your account information and the email name that we can use to set up the demo with.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page