cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching error messages from an activity report with activity contacts

SOLVED

Matching error messages from an activity report with activity contacts

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched without success.

To get the activity report I use the Individual Activity Status Endpoint. This request returns information about activity errors using the following format: Line <N> : <error message>. This string does not contain any identifiers or email addresses to associate current error with a source contact, which causes this error. I believe that I can use line numbers for this purpose, but I haven't found any information about that. Also I noticed that line numbering starts from 2 instead of 0.

How can I associate error messages from an activity report with source contacts for this activity?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Matching error messages from an activity report with activity contacts

Hello,

Internally all activities are converted to a CSV-like format, and these line numbers refer to a single row of data. The first row is a header row, thus why the errors always start at line 2. If you are creating your activities using our JSON format, the rows are a direct mapping of the order in which you send the contacts to our API. So if you send us 4 contacts, and we show an error on line 3, then that would be the second contact in the set that you sent us.

If you're sending us data formatted as a CSV, then the line number provided in the error will map to a line number in the file that was sent.

Hopefully this provides some insight into interpreting these errors!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer