cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Mobile Phone in Dynamic Link

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Mobile Phone in Dynamic Link

I used this article to create a dynamic link in our welcome email: https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Email-Marketing/How-To-Insert-Dynamic-Links/td-p/233062

The link works great, except I cannot get it to pass the mobile phone number field from the subscriber.

I am able to pass home phone like this:

www.abc.com/?Phone=$SUBSCRIBER.HOMEPHONENUMBER$

I am trying to pass mobile phone like this:

www.abc.com/?Phone=$SUBSCRIBER.HOMEPHONENUMBER$&Mobile=$SUBSCRIBER.MOBILEPHONENUMBER$

When the test email comes through, I get this result:

www.abc.com/?Phone=2222222222&Mobile=$SUBSCRIBER.MOBILEPHONENUMBER.URLENCODED$

I checked, and subscriber record has the mobile phone saved correctly.  It just will not pass to the dynamic link.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Mobile Phone in Dynamic Link

Hello,

While the mobile phone number is a field that can be imported it is not a field that has a built in contact details name. This seems like it may have been an oversight to me and I've brought this to the attention of our developers.

I did verify that there is a Subscriber.WorkPhoneNumber field that can be used, or you can create a custom field which you might use a name such as "mobile" and that would look like Subscriber.Custom.Mobile. When creating a custom field do not use the exact name of a field that Constant Contact uses already, so do not name your field "mobile phone" or "mobile phone number". You can find info on how to create a custom field here. https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5328-add-and-manage-custom-fields

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer