cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My App Got Rejected by the App Store for using the Constant Contact OAUTH2 Api

Participant

Re: My App Got Rejected by the App Store for using the Constant Contact OAUTH2 Api

thx Dave

Participant

Re: My App Got Rejected by the App Store for using the Constant Contact OAUTH2 Api

Hi Dave:

Just checking in with you to see what happened with the login page from last week's deployment. 

Thanks

After speaking with my product team, they are working with Yahoo! to resolve the issues on the Yahoo! page.  I unfortunately do not have any ETA on this being resolved since it does involve a 3rd party doing work.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Participant

So are you guys going to leave both the Facebook and Yahoo buttons on there? apple told me that those two buttons were reasons why my app got rejected.

is there any way to have a temporary login page up that hides those links until Yahoo fixes their end?

In working with Apple, the violations with rulle 11.13 were not the inclusion of those links but what was available to an end user on some of those final pages.  Rule 11.13 specifies that an appliction can not link to a website in a web client which allows for signup outside of the Apple billing system.  The facebook login flow does not allow a user to sign up, only to log into an existing account and is not subject to that rule. 

Our forgot password page was subject to that rule since we incorrectly included a "Sign up" button on that page (which we have removed).  Now our OAuth page only allows users to log into an existing Constant Conact account, not create a new one.

The Yahoo! login page has a link in their header which directs a user to their main page, which does allow a signup outside of the Apple billing system.  This is the only remaining 11.13 violation in our OAuth page.  That is the item we are working with them to resolve, which we are in active discussions to work through.

I'll continue to pass on your feedback to our product team and will update if I have any additional information from them.  As of this time, we still don't have an ETA. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Participant

Hi Dave:

Thx for the feedback. I might have to go to a backup plan and use basic authentication temporarily until the problem is resolved with yahoo

Participant

Hi Dave:

So, I got accepted on the App Store using basic authentication. I know that's being deprecated and I assume it can go away at any time...

Any update on when a new login page will get deployed? I see there's a new page at login.constantcontact.com but it still has a Sign Up For Free button that will cause any developer to get rejected by the App Store (I'm an expert on getting rejected for this :) )

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

We made some modifications to the OAuth login page in late July that eliminated eliminated the option to create a new Constant Contact account from our forgot password page, and have also now removed the Yahoo! login option, so I believe our OAuth login page should no longer cause App Store rejection.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer