cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Website - Sign-up using your facebook account

Occasional Visitor

My Website - Sign-up using your facebook account

I want a sign up with my Facebook Account Button for my web.

I have seen other websites that have this feature and it increases sign-up rate due to the ease of not having to enter data and you get more info about the people signing up.

Anyone know how to do this??

1 REPLY 1

Re: My Website - Sign-up using your facebook account

This question is beyond the scope of Constant Contact and our API features, but I think I can point you in the right direction.  What you're asking about is the Facebook Login service, which is a type of OpenID login service that Facebook provides. 

This service allows you to register or create users by using the Facebook login service and existing Facebook information instead of creating your own login or registration system.  When a user signs up this way, you request to have access to different pieces of their Facebook profile and network information.  Of course, the more information you ask for the less likely it will be that a user will sign up for your service.

Using this service requires knowledge of the Facebook Login system and their API features.  I am not familiar with any developers in this space, you may want to look into the Facebook Developer Network to find a developer who can do this for you.  You can also use these public Facebook APIs yourself if you have any web development experience. 

Hope this helps!

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact