We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

.NET Framework 3.5

LIFEatPNNL
Regular Participant

.NET Framework 3.5

Is it possilbe to code against your API using the .NET Framework 3.5? After building your example code to get the CTCT.dll and adding it to my project i got an error that it wasn't using the same framework version. I tried recompiling your example code in .net 3.5 and just got a bunch of errors.

3 REPLIES 3
DaveBerard

Our API is a REST API, can be used in any version of .NET from 1.0 to 4.0.  However, the SDK we released uses some features which are new to .NET 4.0.  We are looking to see how easy it would be to modify the code for a target version of 3.5 and will update when we have more information. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
CarolineM574
Occasional Participant

Hi, was there any update on this, I need a version compatible with 3.5 framework pls 

We do not have any updates on this.  Unfortunately we have not had time to look into what it would take to convert the code for the SDK from 4.0 to 3.0.  There is no restriction to use our API in 3.0, just with the public SDK we released.  Our API is usable in any development language including .NET 3.0.  You would need to write your own JSON mapping code and implement your own HttpWebRequest/HttpWebResponse code.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page