The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Need signed ConstantContactBO.dll and ConstantContactUtility.dll

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Need signed ConstantContactBO.dll and ConstantContactUtility.dll

We are trying to create a SharePoint Webpart to be used on SharePoint Online which accesses ConstantContact dlls to register contacts to my account.

When I am trying to reference Constant Contact dlls to my web part project and compile it, Visual Studio throws error saying that the dll does not have strong name.

Can you please provide me signed dlls or let me know the steps to sign these dlls?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Need signed ConstantContactBO.dll and ConstantContactUtility.dll

The DLLs we provider are not strong named to prevent any issues with developers who are using older versions of Visual Studio or projects where this would cause a problem.  You can use the project we provide though to build strong named versions of the DLLs by following these simple steps from Microsoft to do so:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h4fa028b.aspx

It should only take about 2-3 minutes to set up and then you'll just need to build the project one additional time.  The output DLLs will now be strong-name signed and you'll be all set to build your managed applications using these DLLs.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured