The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

No connection could be made

Highlighted
Health Practitioners & Centers

No connection could be made

Everything has been working fine for months, now I'm getting this error message.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 208.75.122.62:443

I also can't login when I manually enter the url in the address bar. When I debug in visual studio I get an error that says "Unable to connect to the remote server" on this line

IList<Contact> ContactsFound = Utility.SearchContactByEmail(AuthData, EmailAddress, out nextChunkId);

Any idea what could be causing it?

Again, everything used to work and I didn't change any of the code, or the password.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee

Re: No connection could be made

Hey,

It sounds like your application may be targeting a specific ip address instead of a particular domain.  I would try flushing the dns on the server to see if its not trying to bypass a load balancer and get into a particular server that is down.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted

Thanks for replying. I did as you said, but its still not working. Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

The only thing that I can think of is that you are proactively blocking an ip address that ties to us.  I would download the rest client and try to save an RCQ file of your request and send it to webservices@constantcontact.com.  That way we can see if it a location issue or if it is an issue on our side.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted

I'll check with networking about blocking the ip.

When I go to https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{apikey}%{username} im getting 

HTTP Status 403 - Not Allowed to access {apikey}%{username}

type Status report

message Not Allowed to access {apikey}%{username}

description Access to the specified resource (Not Allowed to access{apikey}%{username}) has been forbidden.

JBoss Web/2.1.1.SNAPSHOT

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

Try going to https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/your-username/contacts

Then use the login credentials of your-apikey%your-username and your normal password.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted

Ok, that worked.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured