The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

One message at a time

Highlighted

One message at a time

I am planning on using the API to send 1 e-mail at a time using an existing campaign in Constantcontact.  I could be sending just 1 email this minute, but if another record gets flagged 15 minutes later, I need to send out another e-mail using the same existing campaign. 

Are the following steps sufficient to let me accomplish the scenario above?

1.  create a contact list with just that 1 contact e-mail address

2.  set the campaign to use that contact list with just 1 contact records

3.  schedule the campaign to send immediately.

It looks like the ContantContact subscription is based on the number of contacts, so how does this scenario work in that model?  Does it simply count the number of contacts created to a list (regardless if it is just 1 at a time)?

Thanks!

-

DexterB

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Re: One message at a time

Hello,

Thanks for posting.  What you are describing is possible, but best accomplished by a transactional email service.  Fortunately, we are currently testing a transactional service now.  If you are interested in participating, PM me your contact information and I will put you in touch with the right people.

Regards,

Andrew B.

Constant Contact

API Support

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured