Opt Out Button

Janis
Occasional Participant

Opt Out Button

We are a social network site.

On our member's account page, we offer the following toggle check box:

Yes, please send me the monthly newsletter.

A checked box (which is the default) means the member's want to be on the mailing list.

An unchecked box means the member wants to stop delivery of the newsletter - or have their name removed.

My understanding is that the current API does not support this - ie. there is no way to generate a "do not mail" list from this check box.

So, how do we go about providing our members with a way to remove themselves from our mailing list other than the unsubscribe button on the newsletter itself?

Thanks very much!

2 REPLIES 2
David_J
Employee

If you are looking for a way for subscribers to unsubscribe from your mailing list, you would need to build the functionality to perform an HTTP delete on a the particular contact. This will remove them from all lists in your account and place them on the do-not-mail list. If you're looking for more information on this, I would recommend looking at Opting out a Contact. You could build this functionality in to your website or application wherever you felt it was appropriate. If the contact then decides they would like to resubscribe, you can use Opting in a Contact to allow them to rejoin your mailing list.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks.

David J

Janis
Occasional Participant

Thanks David - I'll pass on to my developer and see if he can implement.

Appreciate your super quick reply.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page