The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Opt Out Email API Notification

Highlighted
Visitor

Opt Out Email API Notification

My application needs to know if a user has opted out of the CC e-mail. Is there an API Event Handler that would allow a call back to the application? For example, how would my application "know" if the user unsubscribed? I suppose an alternative would be to iterate through all of the CC active contact to re-sync our application's database but that isn't ideal.

EDIT: I might have answered my own question: https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Documentation/Frequently-Asked-Questions/ba-p/61737#Q2

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Opt Out Email API Notification

Hi Shawn,

Just in case this helps, we don't have a proactive webhook for this, but you could get an email that notifies you of this--you can set up notification emails that do this by logging into your account and going to Contacts>Sign-up Tools>Sign-up & Unsubscribe Updates.

You can get a list of people who unsusbcribed through the API by doing a GET to the contacts collection and specifying status=OPTOUT and modified_since=aDateYouPick as described on this page. Your application might make that call nightly to sync changes from our side.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured