The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Opt Out - Opt In Functionality??

Highlighted
Visitor

Opt Out - Opt In Functionality??

Hello,

I have successfully installed and customized the contact / email subscriber form on my site using Constant Contacts Dev Tools API.   The form works great.  In addition to signing up the new subscriber, it captures their Fname, Lname and allows them to send a commment.

http://www.janineturner.com/cc-form.php

During testing, I signed myself up with about 4 different emails, and then unsubscribed each one... also successful.

Now, however, I'd like to opt back in with one of the addresses... however when I fill out the form to sign up again, it displays the following error message in red:  This Contact Already Exists.   Shouldn't there be an email sent to me confirming that I want to opt back in instead?

Any help on this would greatly appreciated!!!

TC

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Opt Out - Opt In Functionality??

Hey,

If you would like to be able to subscribe people back in you would need a different CCSFG which I believe you are using.  The reasoning why you need a different one is taht we have disabled that in the standard version.  We did this because if someone knew your contact list they could opt people back in and change their subscriber settings through the tool and it causes a security issue.  This is something you have to choose to do at your own risk.  If you still want the other version of the CCSFG then you just need to email webservices@constantcontact.com

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured