The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

OptInDefault & IsSystemList

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

OptInDefault & IsSystemList

FYI & Assumptions----------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what bearing these have, but I loop through the ctct lists, and find matches (id) for the CRM lists (crm fields turned into lists w/the help of a config file) then skipping any IsSystem list add them to the contact's tempLists, if the list already exists, its in the package but the update flag is off. That way if any list is new or removed (update=true) all the subscribed lists go along with the contact to update.

If after evaluation there are no lists for a contact, I add any lists marked as OptInDefault to tempLists which are added to the contact to update.

Questions---------------------------------------------------------

Is a contact list's OptInDefault (ContactList.OptInDefault) set in the Edit List Properties, Join My Mailing List Form?

If Not, the how & where is the OptInDefault set on a mailing list?

Does this have any relation to IsSystemList? (and how & where is this set and the purpose of a system list)

JeffP...
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: OptInDefault & IsSystemList

Hey Jeffry,

The OptInDefault is set in the UI. This is the list set as the "Default List" in the JMML. You should also be able to change this to true via the API.

IsSystemList checks to make sure the list ID passed is not one of our non-editable lists, such as active and removed contacts. These are valid list IDs, but a pass to them would cause an error, so that's a check to avoid it.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured