PHP Custom Signup Form Generator, Help File instructions; Step 4 on Page 2; Initialising the Setup in browser not working

Occasional Participant

PHP Custom Signup Form Generator, Help File instructions; Step 4 on Page 2; Initialising the Setup in browser not working

PHP Custom Signup Form Generator "Documentation.pdf" file instructions; http://developer.constantcontact.com/samples/custom_signup_forms

I've successfully loaded all the files onto the Server in the root directory... as per Step 3.

Step 4 on Page 2 tells me to type: http://yourdomain.com/CCSFG_0.0.3/setup to lead me to the Setup process.

I've replaced "yourdomain.com" with my domain name... and also replaced 0.0.3 with 0.0.2, as that is the version number I have downloaded.

For some reason, when I type my domain in and the Directory Path to the server, this path isnt leading to any Setup process.

I've tried https:// just in case its a firewall or SSL issue... have also tried putting a www in front of the domain... none of the combinations work...

Does anyone know what else I can try, or how to fix this???

Thanks and cheers,

BusinessMax

6 REPLIES 6
Employee

I responded to your email but also wanted to reply to this as well.

After looking at your URL it does not appear that the CCSFG folder is located at the address that you had specified.

The CCSFG does not require any configuration beyond uploading the files to your web server. While our documentation assumes that you would be uploading these files into your web root (ie: http://www.yourdomain.com/CCSFG_0.0.2/setup/) it is certainly possible to be uploaded to something different (ie: http://www.yourdomain.com/yourwebsite/anotherwebsite/CCSFG_0.0.2/setup/). Without knowing your particular web server, it is difficult for me to say where the files were actually uploaded to, but it does not appear that the files were uploaded to the provided address, as I also receive the message that no page was found. Is it possible that you have a sub-domain at your account, or uploaded the files to a different folder on your web server?

David J

Occasional Participant

Hi David,

Over email, I sent you a copy of my screen shot of the CPanel... I did put the folder into the root directory, and cannot figure it out. Its so strange that I cant access the Form Generator setup through the browser. I can access other things (like CPanel) through the browser easily.

I would be happy to give you a call at 9am your time (11pm here in Australia) tonight to discuss... is it possible for me to call and ask to speak with you directly? Maybe I can give you access to my screen so you can have a quick look?

Thanks and cheers

Employee

I replied to your email earlier this morning, and believe that this can be resolved by placing your CCSFG folder in either the "www" or "public_html" folder, then accessing the URL that you had provided earlier. If that does not resolve your issue please feel free to reply to that email or post on this forum. Thank You.

David J

Participant

I am having the same issue when uploaded to my web server i.e. mydomain/CCSFG_0.0.5/setup this is the error I receive.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/these36/public_html/CCSFG_0_0_5/setup/header.php on line 1

when uploaded to my local testing machine I receive a whole slew of errors like:

Notice: Undefined variable: tmp_content in C:\wamp\www\CCSFG_0.0.5\setup\functions.php on line 184

Notice: Undefined index: debug in C:\wamp\www\CCSFG_0.0.5\setup\index.php on line 10

Notice: Undefined index: username in C:\wamp\www\CCSFG_0.0.5\setup\index.php on line 12

Notice: Undefined variable: field_labels in C:\wamp\www\CCSFG_0.0.5\setup\build_functions.php on line 109

Notice: Undefined index: username in C:\wamp\www\CCSFG_0.0.5\setup\header.php on line 37

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\wamp\www\CCSFG_0.0.5\cc_class.php on line 47

Employee

The error you are receiving on your web server:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/these36/public_html/CCSFG_0_0_5/setup/header.php on line 1

This is typically caused by the transfer type that you are using in your FTP client being set to "ASCII". If you change your transfer type to "Binary" and re-upload the file, this should resolve that issue.

Regarding the errors you are getting on your development server, these are not really 'errors' but rather notices for development purposes. These can be suppressed by modifying your 'error_reporting' settings in your php.ini file. The only exception to this is the last error your pasted:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\wamp\www\CCSFG_0.0.5\cc_class.php on line 47

This sounds like you do not have the curl extension enabled in your development environment, so it it reading it as an undefined function. This can likely be resolved by uncommenting 'extension=php_curl.dll' and restarting apache.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks.

David J

Participant

Hi there,

I have been following this thread for a few days now as I had the same issue and once I followed your instructions to use binary via FTP transfer but then I get this error message:

Warning: fopen(../ccsfg.log) : failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/styles/public_html/CCSFG_0.0.5/setup/functions.php on line 183

Cannot open ../ccsfg.log

because it stated "permission denied" I have changed the file permissions of my CCSFG_ folder, the Setup folder and file functions.php to 777 and it is now working.

I just thought I'd share this incase it helps someone.

Regards

Tayana

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page