Between 8:00 - 9:00 am ET on 10/25 we need to take our site down to make updates. We recommend logging out before 8:00am ET and not using your account during this time. Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Passing Parameters from Email to a form containing contact information

Participant

Passing Parameters from Email to a form containing contact information

I have a web form completely unrelated to Constant Contact. What I'd like to do is, with constant contact, send the subscriber an email, and lead them to click-through to this form.

However, I'd like to pass their name, email and other details so part of the form can already be taken care of and only require them to fill out a couple of details unknown about them. Is there a way to create a link like this?

www.url.com/form.asp?email=subscriberemail&firstname=subscriberfirstname&phone=subscriberphone

And have each one of these links unique to the subscriber?

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

What you are trying to do may be possible by inserting dynamic fields when creating your email. Take a look at this Constant Contact FAQ and see if this approach will work for you. As long as this doesn't result in a url longer than 510 characters long, I think this could work for you.  You can contact Customer Support directly for assistance with dynamic links.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page