Position of the unsubscribe link/text in the email

Highlighted
Regular Participant

Position of the unsubscribe link/text in the email

Can the "You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails." message be moved to the bottom or removed altogether as there is already an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

It sounds like you may be

It sounds like you may be refering to the Permission Reminder portion of the email at the top.  If that is the case, the only way to remove that text is to turn the Permission Reminder to off. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Participant

No - I am not referring to the Permission Reminder

Hi Dave,

The top portion of the email contains three sections:

1. Website Link - "Having trouble viewing this email...". This can be turned on and off.

2. Permission Reminder - "You're receiving this email because...". This can be turned on and off and the text can be changed.

3. Unsubscribe statement - "You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails." This is the portion that I am referring to in my previous post.

I do receive communication from other customers of constant contact and they do not have this unsubscribe statement right on top of their emails. So I am sure there must be some way to remove it.

Highlighted
Employee

I believe the section you are

I believe the section you are referring to is listed directly under the permission reminder text box when you are in message settings/header that reads:

"Required fields: You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails."

The permission reminder has two sections, one editable and one required. The section you are referring to is the required field. If you do not wish to see this message in your email the only way would be to remove the permission reminder completely.

David J

Highlighted
Regular Participant

Thanks

Thanks Dave. Didn't know that the permission reminder had 2 section.

- Moiz Tankiwala PMP

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Meet the New Constant Contact

ctct_ripple_logo_icon_blue_orange.pngConstant Contact is Bigger. Better. Smarter. Check out our new look and Power On!

Read More
Featured