Possible to Add Contacts into Do Not Mail list?

pandasys
Regular Participant

Possible to Add Contacts into Do Not Mail list?

I'm doing bulk adds of contacts and having some problems. If I add into a list I have created there's no problem. If I attempt to add into the Do Not Mail list  I get a return code of 400. Can I not add directly into the Do Not Mail List? Do I have to add, wait for the activity to complete, and then iterate each individual contact to put them in the Do Not Mail list? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to follow up, however, with what your requirement exactly is.  What is the reason for importing contacts into Do Not Mail in our system when you cannot email to them anyway?  And, when these contacts opt in to receive your emails, it does not matter whether they come from our Do Not Mail or are added to appropriate lists directly?

pandasys
Regular Participant

The requirement is to take an existing set of contacts, some of which are already marked as do not mail, and import them in to Constant Contact so they may be managed from there. I then have a job that runs every so often that will look for changes and make updates accordingly. The user wants to manage his lists from CC and have changes reflected back to our system: user opt-in, opt-out, etc. I'm not sure how a user would opt-in if his contact is not already in the do not mail list.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page