Pre-configured Emails Not Sent on Sign Up

user488109
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi,

I had recently implemented the constant contact API V3 on a revamped Drupal 9 site (whose predecessor used Drupal 7 with constant contact API V2) for our client. I was able to successfully store the data within the contact list using the API, but on the existing LIVE site there is an email which gets triggered on each subscription (sign-up) from Constant Contact, which isn't triggered on the DEV site. I also checked the sent and bounce count (which doesn't change when working with the DEV site, but works fine on the LIVE site)

If my understanding is right, the domain for both sites (dev and live) differ, so this causes the mails to fail?

Any help on the same is much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello user488109,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Without being able to look at the data, the issue may be related to the site not being live, but could also could be related to how the contacts are being added to the account (their source type), and whether the automated email is a Welcome Email.

We’d be happy to take a look at this with you, but we'll need some additional information in order to assist with troubleshooting. If you could please securely provide us with the API key(s) being used, your client’s Constant Contact UN, the sites that the form is currently installed on, and whether the dev site is live, we'll be able to better assist in pinpointing the cause of the issue.

Please provide this information securely by reaching out to us via email at webservices@constantcontact.com. We look forward to assisting you!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.