The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Prefiltered lists in .net form

Highlighted

Prefiltered lists in .net form

Hi,

I've successfully prefiltered the lists to include only one, volunteers, however, when I update the contact, it unsubscribes the contact from the other lists.  How does one only show the list to add and not unsubscribe from the other lists.  Do you just hide the other check boxes?

Sean

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Updating a Contact

Hello,

Using the Sample Form, it will update the specific contact to be in only the lists that they actually check. So if the list the contact was originally in is not displayed on the form, it will remove them from those lists.

The best way to do what you are looking for would be to do a Search by email address for the specific contact, which will retreive the contact's ID. You can then do a GET in the Contact Collection URI with the Contacts ID, this will give you a list of the contact lists that the email address is assigned to. You could then add these to an area in your form, allowing customers to check them on or off, or do not display them, but you would be able to include them in the update.

The sample forms are more meant to show examples as to how to do various abilities with our API's; however, I do see how this could cause confusion, and I will submit this feedback to our engineering team for review.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured