cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem since becoming partner

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Problem since becoming partner

Hello,


We have just recently become a business partner with constant contact.  We host MSCRM and integrate constanct contact into it.  We have two releases of the same code base and two days ago our company's version started failing while uploading contacts to the following:


+  ex {"The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."} System.Net.WebException

  OriginalString "https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/USERNAME/activities" String

 


The exact code is working for our other client who is not a partner and on a different account then ours. So my question is has something changed with our account, i.e. do I need to generate a new api key or anything else that may be causing this problem.  We just tested a small list we used during beta testing and it is also now failing.  These list are marketing ones inside the MSCRM and the test list has not being changed in months.  We are able to pull back other information and stats on previously email blast and the only area we are having issues with is the uploading of the contacts to a blast.  I have attached files from Un-Encoded data that we are sending.


Thanks,


Larry Brown

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator

Hi Larry,   There should be

Hi Larry,


 


There should be no difference in API performance for a Partner account or a normal account.  The one confusion point we do find with partners is that our Business Partners are given two accounts and sometimes confuse them.  They have a Business Partner account which allows them to manage their sub-accounts and they are also given a Constant Contact account that they can use for their own Email Marketing needs.  Alot of people will try to use their Business Partner Account login, which will fail with a 401 error.


 


Do you have the exact failure code/message you're getting?  That will help us to better find out the cause of the error.  I would recommend confirming the correct UN/PW combo first though.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Found the problem, still an issue though

Dave,


I found the problem, it is our Field Names that we pass in.  Anytime we try to pass in US State/CA Province, or Zip/Postal Code it gives me the 400 Bad Request.  Below is how I Encode the string of field names, any ideas how to fix? "&data=" + HttpUtility.UrlEncode((sCCFieldNames & Chr(10)), Encoding.UTF8))

and here is a bad request encoded "activityType=ADD_CONTACTS&data=Email+Address%2cEmail+Type%2cFirst+Name%2cMiddle+Name%2c+Last+Name%2cJob+Title%2cCompany+Name%2cHome+Phone%2cAddress+Line+1%2cAddress+Line+2%2cAddress+Line+3%2cCity%2cUS+State%2fCA+Province%0a"   


 



data.Append(

Highlighted
Moderator

Problem is the label you're

Problem is the label you're passing, that is the incorrect format for that label.  Here is the correct label (case does not matter):


 


STATE/PROVINCE (US/CANADA)


 


You can find more information on the available lables here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/doc/activities

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact