Problem with GET Contact Action Summary in V3 API

HonestA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_reference/index.html#!/Contacts_Reporting/getContactTra...

I can get the 'Get Contact Activity Details' to work fine. Using the same contact_ID on the action summary give me a 'resource not found' error. I have tried several of the suggested date formats with no luck. Is there a known problem with this endpoint?

4 REPLIES 4
HonestA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I got past the error by using the following date format:

2018-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

The examples on this page need updated to match the examples here:

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/activities_summary.html

The new problem is that the request does not return any results despite the fact that I can get activity via the details endpoint. It shows 2 emails sent in the time frame of my request.

Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @HonestA,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

If you have not reached out to us at webservices(at)constantcontact.com then please do so as this will require some information that is best kept out of the public eye.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
LauraV545
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

It appears through trial and error testing that the start and end keys will yield an error if they are more than 5 years and 2 days apart. I have to guess that there is some code internal to the API processing that is expecting the range is no larger than a certain number of days apart (roughly equivalent to  5 years) but the slight extra offset maybe because of leap year and/or including starting and ending date or something like that. Can someone confirm there is a 5 year limit to the range? I am just trying to verify it really is time length based and not on the number of campaigns returned.

LauraV545
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I found that this was not documented in the API Reference, and not in the Get Activity Summary section of the API Docs, but it was present in the prior section in the API Docs: "Contact Activity Reporting Overview". It clarifies that the limit is 5 years.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.