Problems with "Edit Contact"

Participant

Problems with "Edit Contact"

Ok so I'm using the sample PHP forms you provide, and I have a demo that works for signup. Users are being added to the DB on Constant Contact.

So I have a process PHP script that redirects the user if they already have an email in the system. This redirects to edit_contact.php. This works fine.

I have 2 issues here with edit_contact.php

First, I have 2 different test email accounts setup with different first / last names too. For some reason. edit_contact.php is pulling up details of the second contact with the email address from the first?

Also when choosing "Unsubscribe all lists" and submit, I get this error:

exception 'Exception' with message 'You are missing your list' in path/edit_contact.php:53 Stack trace: #0 {main}

So can anyone tell me why I'm getting data from the second user's account when I'm using the first user's email to subscribe?

I thought it might be cache, but that's not the case. 

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

It seems likely that there is a problem with the calls being initiated in you process. Ordinarily, you'd need to first search for the contact by email address (a GET request), which will tell you if a contact exists and provide a subset of the details for the contact (name, email address, ID, link, for example) in an array of contact objects (which would have just one objects in a single email address search, then you'd submit this limited contact object to the function to GET contact details, which would return a contact object with all details for the contact, by making a request and populate that data in edit_contact.php form. 

To offer some more specific feedback on what might be wrong here, you can attach your code to an email to webservices@constantcontact.com, and we'll try to make some time to work through it and see if we can give you a better idea of where the issue lies.

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page