cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the "sign up" from the website

Occasional Visitor

Problems with the "sign up" from the website

Hi, I could use the signup button from my website and it works....but I want to use a textbox with a button....where ppl could write a email address on the textbox and click the "sign up" button and then be redirected to the contact form....but didn't work...could you help me with that? I've been seraching about it but nothing.....I got this..

<!-- BEGIN: Constant Contact Basic Opt-in Email List Form -->
            <h3>
                    Newsletter Sign-Up</h3>
            <form name="ccoptin" action="http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp" target="_blank"
            method="post" style="margin-bottom: 2;">
                <input type="hidden" name="llr" value="xxxxxxxxx">
                <input type="hidden" name="m" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxx">
                <input type="hidden" name="p" value="oi">
                <input type="hidden" name="sit" value="xxxxxxxxx">
                <input type="hidden" name="f" value="xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx">
                <span style="font-size:12px">Email:</span>
                <input type="text" name="ea" size="20" value="" style="font-size: 10pt; border: 1px solid #999999;">
                <input type="submit" name="go" value="Go" class="submit" style="font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;width:40px;height:22px;">
            </form>
<!-- END: Constant Contact Basic Opt-in Email List Form -->

looks like something is missing....

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with the "sign up" from the website

Hello,

I want to start by apologizing for the delay in getting back to you on this issue! Unfortunately with some changes that happened in our Sign-up forms this year, we do not currently offer a way to have a box where the email address can be pre-filled on your website with the standard Constant Contact signup forms. 

While we are planning to add features to address this limitation, we do not yet have a specific timeline for when they will be available. In the short term, it may be possible to use one of the many integrations available for Constant Contact to extend the functionality of your website so that you can have an embeddable signup form. I do want to mention that the ability to do this does depend on the platform you are using for your website.

As a final option, it is possible to create a custom form by using our APIs and sample code that we provide. If you are interested in this option, you can find guides for getting started, as well as code samples to work with on our developer page at http://developer.constantcontact.com/

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer