cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Question on code please...thanks!

Valued Developer

Question on code please...thanks!

Hi all

What I am trying to do is make the below code work....

Can someone tell me what the value ought to be in the ********* line please, (second last line from the bottom?)

Basically I would like for this code to be able to enter email signups from my site directly into CC?

THANKS!

<form name="ccoptin" action="http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp" target="_blank" method="post" id="emailForm">

<label for="emailSubmit">Receive Event Updates | No Spam</label>

<input name="ea" type="text" id="emailSubmit" onfocus="if(this.value=='ENTER YOUR EMAIL…')value=''" onblur="if(this.value=='')value='ENTER YOUR EMAIL…';" value="ENTER YOUR EMAIL…" size="30" />

<button name="go" type="submit" value="GO" class="basicButton">GO</button>

<input type="hidden" name="m" value="****** NOT SURE ***************" />

<input type="hidden" name="p" value="oi" />

</form>
Tom M
Group Product Manager – Content Editing
Constant Contact
3 REPLIES 3
Valued Developer

re: Question on code please...

The API referenced in this thread (xxx/d.jsp) was designed for and is used by, the Site Visitor Signup form. That API was recently updated in an ongoing effort to eliminate scripting based fraud and abuse. The public APIs described on this website (Site Visitor API and REST API) provide a documented alternative approach to add contacts to your account.
Tom M
Constant Contact

Question for Constant Contact Team...

Tom Mignosa, Product Manager, kindly wrote the following: "The API referenced in this thread (xxx/d.jsp) was designed for and is used by, the Site Visitor Signup form. That API was recently updated in an ongoing effort to eliminate scripting based fraud and abuse. The public APIs described on this website (Site Visitor API and REST API) provide a documented alternative approach to add contacts to your account."

If I would like to transfer emails from my site instantly into CC, do I need a site visitor API?

I will check but if you could point me to the recommended reading to facilitate this I would be very grateful, alternatively, can someone at CC make the code for me? As per the above? Thanks very much, Lister
Valued Developer

re: Question for Constant Contact Team

Hi Lister,

There are several ways to add an input form on your website which will capture email addresses of subscribers interested in your email content. The simplest approach is to use a "Site Visitor Sign Up Box" to one or more of your web pages. To add a Site Visitor Sign Up Box to your website, you use a Constant Contact feature to generate a set of custom HTML for your specific Constant Contact account. You then add this HTML to one or more of your web pages. That process is discussed in this FAQ. This is often the right place to start.

If you need a specialized user experience for your sign up box, or you want to integrate your sign up process with some other application flow (such as an ecommerce check-out), you will need to do some custom programming. Many of the discussions in this forum cover custom sign up flows based on different technologies and use cases.
While Constant Contact does not provide custom programming services, but we do monitor these forums and try and help users with specific questions on usage of these APIs.

Thanks,
Tom M
Constant Contact