The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Re: Embed your Signup Form

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

When I try to use the Form Generator I get the message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$ccConfigOBJ' (T_VARIABLE) in /home/domain/public_html/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/header.php on line 1

It's hard to believe that creating an embeddable signup form wth Constant Contact is this difficult. I know that it's not with other services ***REMOVED BY MODERATOR*** Am I missing something here?

Is the other option to pay for a Formstack account?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Wendy,

That T_Variable error probably means that you're not using PHP 5.3 or above, which the CCSFG requires. If you can upgrade your PHP version, this could go away.

We know we need to provide an easier to use signup form, and work is well underway on that front. We're hoping to release a new form soon that you'll be able to find by logging into your account and going to Contacts>>Sign-up Tools.

I can't guarantee the timeframe, but it should be out this month or next. Of course, Formstack is another option you could use. In addition, if your site is built in Wordpress, there are some Wordpress plugins that you could use (on the Wordpress Plugins site).

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured