Receiving error (500) at approximately 2:00 AM

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Receiving error (500) at approximately 2:00 AM

Two days ago, I rolled out a C# console application that implements the Constant Contact API via the C# wrapper (from github).  The application runs each night on a Windows Scheduled Task, starting at 1:30 AM.  For two consecutive nights since launch, at around 2:00 AM (7/25/2012 2:06:22 AM  and  7/26/2012 2:14:54 AM  to be exact), the Constant Contact server is returning an error (500)...  

Inner Exception: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server

The first night, it broke on a call to the ConstantContactUtility.Utility.GetContactDetailsById() method.  The sencond night, it broke on a call to the ConstantContactUtility.Utility.SearchContactByEmail() method.

For now, I am going to adjust the schedule to run earlier, but I thought you folks at Constant Contact would A) Want to know, and B) Advise us API users if there are Constant Contact server mainteance windows that we should avoid. 

If, after I adjust the schedule, I continue to get the error (500), then I will report it here.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Receiving error (500) at approximately 2:00 AM

I tried to look up the 500 errors in our logs but didn't find anything under your main account.  Was it a different account that received the 500 errors?  Any chance you can share more details with me on a private message?  The exact requests, if possible, would be great as well.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Receiving error (500) at approximately 2:00 AM

Dave, I sent you a private message as you requested. 

For other readers; after I rescheduled my application to run at 11:00 PM EST (instead of 1:30 AM EST), then my code completed without incident and all is well :-) 

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured