Recent auth change has broken partner account app access

BHooker
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Background context: I created a custom app years ago and have been using it to integrate with all of my managed partner accounts:

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 7.04.47 AM.png

This morning, I updated the app, and my code, to be compliant with the new auth changes. I then clicked "Login" for a partner and reauthorized the new app. This worked without error.

The bad news is that when I make a request to /account/summary it returns data for the master account, not the partner account. This is disastrous for us; and is a change from previous behavior.

I need help urgently on this please.

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello EthanC712,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. 

Based on our logs, it looks like you may have already resolved your issue, but here is what I was able to find:

It looks like at the time that you posted this, you may have been making  a GET call to the /account/summary endpoint to get a summary of account details for a specific account. Since this is not a Partner endpoint, it requires that each individual account you are requesting info for has granted access to the updated version of your application and has been granted its own unique token set.

Get Account Summary Details

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/account_details_get.html

To get account info for an account managed under your partnership, you would instead want to make a GET call to the /partner/accounts/{encoded_account_id}/plan endpoint to get billing details for a single client account.

Get Billing Plan Details for a Client Account

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/partners_plans_get.html

If you have any other questions regarding updating your app to our new authorization management service, I’ll be sending a follow-up email to the email address we have on file for your account that you can reply to directly for high priority assistance. 

If you did not receive the email or need it sent to another address, please email us directly at webservices@constant contact.com or contact our support team via phone and reference case number #29714936 and provide the best contact email for you so that we can follow up in an expedited manner.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.