cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect to landing page

Occasional Visitor

Re: Redirect to landing page

Hi Elijah,

I'm also interested in a redirect rather than the success message.  So, thanks for that link.  However, I tried it, both putting it straight into the embeded code and also getting rid of the line with the Success message.  Neither of those methods work.  Is there something I am missing?  

Thanks!

Kurt

Honored Contributor

Hi Kurt,

If you'd like to have the code redirect on success, currently the only method available is to do two things:

1. Add the hidden input field that I described containing the URL to which you'd like to redirect
  2. Remove the <script> sections of the HTML embed code.

The Javascript that we include with our forms is what allows it to be submitted and succeed without being forced to refresh the page. However, this same code will prevent the redirect from functioning. If you're still not seeing success after this, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Elijah, that actually worked!  

The only problem is that if someone does not fill out the form correctly (like does not fill out a required field), it gives an error message that is not user friendly, so the user has to click "back" on the browser to try again.  Is there any way around that?  

It's great that the redirect works though.  

Thanks a lot!

Kurt

Honored Contributor

Hi Kurt,

The only way to have both the redirect and error handling at the moment would be to write a custom piece of Javascript that performs a similar function to the code that's provided by default with our form. This code would submit the form and on a successful response use Javascript to redirect or show an error message.

I'm not sure what the level of effort would be for you to build something like that, but it is possible to do. If you have any questions about specifics, please let me know!

EDIT: After chatting with the team on our side, it looks like we may be able to have an update soon that would solve this problem by allowing you to have a redirect without having to disable the error handling system! I will be sure to post here when that is done.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Frequent Visitor

Any update to this?

Honored Contributor

Hello,

I just double-checked on the status of this and it doesn't look like the changes have been tested fully and deployed yet. I'll make sure to let the team know that people are waiting and will be sure to post here as soon as I have an update!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Visitor

Is the ability to take the user back to our page ready yet? I think many customers get to the standard Constant Contact "You're Registered" page and don't have a way to get back to us. Many people are leaving after this rather than struggle through a confusing dead end page.

This is becoming a real deal breaker for us and we have been with you guys for 7 or 8 years now. Surely someone over there can add some functionality so customers can be taken to a page that WE choose.

Thanks.

Highlighted

If you are looking for this functionality as part of our Event Management product, that is not something we have available today.  We do not have any plans to implement a redirect page for Event Management at this time.

We do offer an Embedded Signup Form feature for website email signup forms.  This allows you to keep your subscribers on the same page for the entire experince or, as Elijah has mentioned farther up in this thread, redirect them to a different page on success.  This is only for email list signup forms, not for any of our other products.  

Hope this helps!

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Visitor

If you need help adding the Thank You page redirect, I found a page that can generate the code for me rather than playing with the raw code myself:

http://ambitionally.com/popupally/tutorials/constant-contact/

All Star

Why on earth do you supply embeded code that people have to monkey with and then on the page where you get it there are no instruction. This is a deal breaker. And after so many people having issues this still persist for years.

All I get even afet removing ALL 

<script type='text/javascript'>
var localizedErrMap = {};
localizedErrMap['required'] = 'This field is required.';
localizedErrMap['ca'] = 'An unexpected error occurred while attempting to send email.';
localizedErrMap['email'] = 'Please enter your email address in name@email.com format.';
localizedErrMap['birthday'] = 'Please enter birthday in MM/DD format.';
localizedErrMap['anniversary'] = 'Please enter anniversary in MM/DD/YYYY format.';
localizedErrMap['custom_date'] = 'Please enter this date in MM/DD/YYYY format.';
localizedErrMap['list'] = 'Please select at least one email list.';
localizedErrMap['generic'] = 'This field is invalid.';
localizedErrMap['shared'] = 'Sorry, we could not complete your sign-up. Please contact us to resolve this.';
localizedErrMap['state_mismatch'] = 'Mismatched State/Province and Country.';
localizedErrMap['state_province'] = 'Select a state/province';
localizedErrMap['selectcountry'] = 'Select a country';
var postURL = 'https://visitor2.constantcontact.com/api/signup';
</script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://static.ctctcdn.com/h/contacts-embedded-signup-assets/1.0.2/js/signup-form.js'></script>

and add 

<input data-id="url:input" type="hidden" name="url" value="https://mydomain/">

is {"success":true}  and yes I cleared all cache.