Redirect to landing page

Highlighted

Re: Redirect to landing page

No immediate updates.  We are planning many updates to the signup forms later this year but at the current time, we have no specific details or dates we can share.  This is definitely one of the items on the features list, but since we are still in our planning stage for this it's too early to say when we can get this in.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I noticed in an earlier post that Formstack integration was recommended as a solution to redirecting. I went this route primarily because the hosting platform I'm working with (Business Catalyst) doesn't support server-side code for a custom form. Used Formstack to build a form and tested it. Unortunately, the "free" integration account level forces a redirect to an even worse confirmation page that is branded Formstack and asks "Do you want to create your own form?" with a bunch of bullets on why use Formstack. This is an even more confusing user experience than Constant Contact without a redirect which is still pretty bad from a user perspective. There is no way to disable it and the only way to set up a redirect is to upgrade to a paid account of $14/mo. I'm feeling duped by Constant Contact's push to use a third party solution that ends with a terrible user experience or costs money. At a minimum, the free integration should include this "premium" feature. 

Highlighted
All Star

Has this been dealt with yet?  My client wants to redirect to a page with a free download for people who sign up - everyone else in the universe can do this... is it still not possible with CC?

Highlighted

We have passed this feedback on to our Contact Management team, who does all of the updates to Contact products such as the signup forms.  They are aware of this feature request but have not been able to get to it as we are working on other contact management features. 

We are currently in the process of migrating all of our customers to a new and upgraded Contact Management System.  Many people have made mention in these forums and we've been very vocal about this recently.  This project has taken up a top priority for the Contact Management team and has limited what they can get out in terms of additional features and updates (such as this feature added to the signup form pages). 

We are still trying to get out some high value updates outside of this migration to our customers.  However, this specific feature has not made it up to the top of the list yet.  I will continue to hand over feedback as it comes in and, as always, thank you for your candor in giving it.  If I get any more information to pass on, such as a timeline to deliver this, I will make sure to add it to this thread.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

yeah, I dont understand this, all other email marketing companies have a way of doing this, for instance, just last night I configured a sign up form in Campaigner and it gives you the option to enter the text you want people to read after successfully signing up then a redirect back to your site. I am stunned how awkwark CC is. I was just on chat with them and they want to blame the plugin I am using, even though I explained I am just inserting their generated code into my site. So for now, my users see this when they sign up: {"success" :true}

how retarded is that?

Highlighted

at least it's a positive JSON response... rather than {success: isAHollowGoal}

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback on the signup form! The default behavior of the form is to show the user who is viewing the form a success message that's included in the HTML code that we provide. However, in order for that message to appear, it is required that you leave the Javascript code that comes with the form intact.

If you wish the use the form without the Javascript, then you will need to customize the form by adding an additional field to redirect to a success page. This can be done by adding a hidden field called "url" that contains a link to your desired success page. It is very important to note that this option to redirect only works if you are not using the Javascript that is included.

If you have any questions for me about the Javascript success message or the redirect option, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Hello Elijah_G,

I am getting that javascript {'Success':'True'} how do I get it to redirect?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you are seeing that message, it is because the Javascript code included with our embeddable form is missing or not functioning properly on your website. By default our embeddable form is designed to show a success message when it is submitted rather than redirecting. What you are seeing happens when something is interfering with the code that is used to display that success message.

If you just want a redirect instead of a success message, you will need to add an additional hidden from field that is formatted as follows:

<input data-id="url:input" type="hidden" name="url" value="http://LINK.TO.REDIRECT/">

If you would prefer to show the success message, the first step is to try getting a fresh copy of the embed code from Constant Contact. If that does not work, I would suggest working with the team that helps you manage/maintain your website, as they should be able to identify why things are not being loaded properly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi Elijah,

I'm also interested in a redirect rather than the success message.  So, thanks for that link.  However, I tried it, both putting it straight into the embeded code and also getting rid of the line with the Success message.  Neither of those methods work.  Is there something I am missing?  

Thanks!

Kurt

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.